Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|United States armed forces|
|Romulan, Tal Shiar|
|Bajoran Militia (2370 and 2375)|
|World War II-era SS and Ekos (collar patch and shoulderboard)|
Colonel (pronounced KUR-nal) was a military rank, the equivalent of which was used by the service organizations of many civilizations. As a traditional grade, colonel was the most senior line officer rank of a fighting organization, below the flag rank of general and senior to the rank of major. In comparison to naval ranking systems, this rank was equivalent to the naval captain rank, the Romulan Star Empire's commander grade, the Ferengi Alliance's DaiMon, or the Cardassian Union's title of gul. A colonel commanded a group, consisting of several squadrons, a regiment, consisting of several companies, or a battalion, consisting of two regiments. Some rank systems had an additional grade, lieutenant colonel, which fell between colonel and major.
This grade existed in some form in many cultures' rank arrangements, such as the Klingon Defense Force, and the United States armed forces of Earth. The US insignia for a colonel was a silver rank pin or embroidery shaped like a stylized eagle, holding olive branches in one claw and arrows in the other. The Union Army of the US Civil War had colonel's insignia displayed on two epaulet shoulder straps with colored backgrounds, while later US forces wore the insignia on the collar or epaulet without a background field. The eagles on the two shoulders were not identical, as in each case, the eagle turns its head to face towards the wearer's front.
In the German armed forces of World War II, colonels wore silver shoulder knots with two metal pips. The SS equivalent officers wore a single oak leaf insignia on their collar patch, and two metal pips on their shoulder boards. Translated into German as Oberst, colonels of the SS were referred to by the title Standartenführer. (TOS: "Patterns of Force"; VOY: "The Killing Game")
Noted colonels Edit
- Colonel Jim Bowie (Earth, Texas Militia)
- Colonel Shaun Geoffrey Christopher (Earth, affiliation unclear)
- Colonel Davy Crockett (Earth, Tennessee Militia and Texas Militia)
- Colonel Day Kannu (Bajoran Militia)
- Colonel Grat (Tandaran Military)
- Colonel Phillip Green (Earth, affiliation unclear)
- Colonel Anastasia Komananov (Earth, KGB)
- Colonel Kira Nerys (Bajoran Militia)
- Colonel Lenaris Holem (Bajoran Militia)
- Colonel Lovok (Tal Shiar)
- Colonel M. March (Earth, USAF)
- Colonel Q (Q Continuum, illusory Confederate Army)
- Colonel Stephen Richey (Earth, USAF)
- Colonel Thaddius Riker (Earth, Union Army)
- Colonel Gary Seven (Central Intelligence Agency) - This was a false identity assumed by Seven.
- Colonel West (Starfleet)
- Colonel Worf (Klingon Empire)
|Enlisted personnel||Commissioned officers||Generals and flag officers|
|ENS||LT JG||LT||LT CMDR||CMDR||CAPT||FCAPT||CDORE||RADM||VADM||ADM||FADM|
|2nd LT||1st LT||CAPT||MAJ||LT COL||COL||BRIG||MAJ GEN||LT GEN||GEN||MARSHAL|
|Positions:||Crewman • Technician • Chief||YMN||TAC • SO • 3rd • 2nd • 1st • CO • DD||Portmaster • Chief of Staff • CinC|
|Services:|| Andorian • Bajoran • Cardassian • Jem'Hadar • Klingon • Romulan • SS • Terran Empire Starfleet • Terran Empire MACO •|
United Earth MACO • United Earth/Federation Starfleet • United States • Vulcan
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|