Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Played by:||Jacqueline Kim|
Demora Sulu was a Starfleet ensign serving aboard the Excelsior-class USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B under the command of Captain John Harriman in 2293. The daughter of Hikaru Sulu, she carried on her father's legacy as helmsman of the Enterprise.
During the christening ceremony for the Enterprise-B, Demora met her father's old commanding officer, James T. Kirk, for the first time since she was a little girl in 2281. Kirk expressed surprise at how fast time had gone by, and congratulated her on her posting, stating "it wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm." Later, Demora participated in a rescue attempt for two El-Aurian transport vessels which had become trapped in a severe gravimetric distortion emanating from an energy ribbon, and was present for Kirk's supposed death while saving the Enterprise-B from destruction. (Star Trek Generations)
|Helmsmen of the starships Enterprise|
|Enterprise NX-01:||Mayweather • Hutchison|
|USS Enterprise:||DePaul • Hadley • Hansen • Kyle • Leslie • Mitchell • Number One • Rahda • Spinelli • H. Sulu • Walking Bear|
|USS Enterprise-A:||H. Sulu • Valeris|
|USS Enterprise-B:||D. Sulu|
|USS Enterprise-C:||Castillo • Fredericks|
|ISS Enterprise NCC-1701:||H. Sulu|
|USS Enterprise (alternate reality):||McKenna • H. Sulu|
Background information Edit
Demora Sulu was played by Jacqueline Kim. Her lines in the script for Star Trek Generations were originally written for Hikaru Sulu, but George Takei turned down the offer to appear in the movie. The writers considered making the character Pavel Chekov's daughter before settling on the relationship with Sulu. (Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion)
In an article entitled "George Takei" which appeared Star Trek: Communicator issue 100, Takei discussed his take on his character having a daughter, stating:
- "It's intriguing. I'd like to know how I had her. Who her mother is. That's the thing about doing a long-lasting serialized film or TV series. You really are in the hands of the writers and the other molders and shapers of the series. You make your input and you hope for the best. In my case my input didn't take too much during the time I was there and I'm so delighted to discover that I was so ultimately productive after the fact."
Demora is central to the plot of the following:
- The novel The Captain's Daughter by Peter David.
- The PC-based simulation Star Trek: Starship Creator.
- The Lost Era novel Serpents Among the Ruins by David R. George III.
- The short story "Iron and Sacrifice", from the Tales from the Captain's Table anthology, also by David George.
- Demora Sulu at StarTrek.com, the official Star Trek website
- Demora Sulu at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works