Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
|Birth name:||Hans Anthony Beimler|
|Place of birth:||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Awards for Trek:||1 Hugo Award nomination|
|Roles:||Writer, Story editor, Producer, DS9 performer|
|... as a holographic guest at Vic's|
Hans Anthony Beimler is a writer, producer, and script editor of many Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes. He also appeared in Deep Space Nine's final episode, "What You Leave Behind", as a holographic guest at Vic's Las Vegas Lounge.
Beimler was born in Mexico City in the 1950s, the son of a Spanish Civil War refugee and an American painter. His mother is a trained psychoanalyst. In the 1970s, he attended the University of Southern California, graduating with a degree in Film Production in 1977.
In the early to mid 1980s, Beimler worked as an assistant director on several films. These included Night Shift, Splash, Mischief and The Golden Child.
Beimler wrote several episodes of She-Wolf of London and Space Precinct after leaving The Next Generation and before joining the staff of Deep Space Nine. He also produced, wrote and also directed several episodes of William Shatner's TekWar television series.
Beimler wrote all of his Next Generation episodes with Richard Manning. Ira Steven Behr asked them to join the Deep Space Nine staff after they wrote the teleplay of the second season episode "Paradise". Although Beimler turned him down at the time, he would later join the team a year later, beginning with the series' fourth season.
Although he wrote many episodes on his own, he collaborated with Ira Steven Behr on many episodes of the sixth season and seventh seasons, earning with him a Hugo Award nomination in 1997 for DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations".
He also co-wrote the upcoming The Serpent and the Eagle, which is based on the life of Cortez. It is interesting to note that Beimler co-wrote three Deep Space Nine episodes (DS9: "Favor the Bold", "Sacrifice of Angels", "Far Beyond the Stars") that mentioned the USS Cortez.
Writing credits Edit
- "Coming of Age" - "The Neutral Zone" - Story Editor
- "The Arsenal of Freedom" (teleplay with Richard Manning)
- "Symbiosis" (teleplay with Robert Lewin and Richard Manning)
- "Pen Pals" - "Shades of Gray" - Executive Script Consultant
- "The Schizoid Man" (story with Richard Manning)
- "The Emissary" (television story and teleplay with Richard Manning)
- "Shades of Gray" (teleplay with Maurice Hurley and Richard Manning)
- "Who Watches The Watchers" (with Richard Manning)
- "Yesterday's Enterprise" (teleplay with Ira Steven Behr, Richard Manning and Ronald D. Moore)
- "Allegiance" (with Richard Manning)
- "Paradise" (teleplay with Jeff King and Richard Manning)
- "The Sword of Kahless" (teleplay)
- "Return to Grace" (teleplay)
- "Shattered Mirror" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Body Parts" (teleplay)
- "The Ship" (teleplay)
- "Trials and Tribble-ations" (story with Ira Steven Behr and Robert Hewitt Wolfe)
- "Rapture" (teleplay)
- "Ferengi Love Songs" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Empok Nor" (teleplay)
- "A Time to Stand" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Favor the Bold" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Sacrifice of Angels" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "The Magnificent Ferengi" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Far Beyond the Stars" (teleplay with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "His Way" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Profit and Lace" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Tears of the Prophets" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Image in the Sand" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Shadows and Symbols" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "The Siege of AR-558" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "The Emperor's New Cloak" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "The Changing Face of Evil" (with Ira Steven Behr)
- "What You Leave Behind" (with Ira Steven Behr)
Producing credits Edit
- TNG Season 3 - Co-Producer (26 episodes)
Hugo Award nomination Edit
- 1997 Hugo Award nomination as "story by" in the category "Best Dramatic Presentation " for DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations", shared with, Jonathan West, Director; Ronald D. Moore & René Echevarria, Writers; Ira Steven Behr & Robert Hewitt Wolfe, story by; Ira Steven Behr & Rick Berman, Exectutive producers
Further reading Edit
- "Hans Beimler", Star Trek: The Magazine Volume 3, Issue 3, July 2002, pp. 42-47
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|