Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Memory Alpha is a free Star Trek reference website that is being written collaboratively by the readers. Our goal is to become the largest, most reliable, and most up-to-date encyclopedia about everything related to the Star Trek universe.
Memory Alpha is a wiki, meaning that any fan may edit any article by clicking on the edit this page link that appears in every wiki article that is not designated as a protected page. This makes it very easy for any fan to share their knowledge and insight of the Star Trek universe and add to the collected information available.
The project was started in November 2003 by Harry Doddema and Dan Carlson. It was inspired by Wikipedia, a free, open-source encyclopedia, and by the interest of many Star Trek fans in a website that provides timely and useful reference information on the Star Trek universe. There are currently 37,294 articles that are being worked on.
All of the site's content is covered by a Creative Commons License. Contributions remain the property of their creators, while the copyleft licensing ensures that the content will always remain freely distributable and reproducible. See the copyright statement for more information. "Star Trek" and related names are registered trademarks of CBS Studios and/or Paramount Pictures. This site is intended solely for non-profit purposes. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Warning: Memory Alpha contains spoilers! For any movie that has opened in the United States or television episode that has aired in its nationwide timeslot in the United States, that material is considered fair game for inclusion in articles. See our spoiler policy for more information.
More about Memory Alpha Edit
- Memory Alpha, an article about this project's namesake
- Frequently Asked Questions
- History of Memory Alpha
Exploring Memory Alpha Edit
- Recent changes, see articles that are being worked on right now
- All pages listed by title
- Random article
- New articles
- Article categories
Contributing to Memory Alpha Edit
- Introduction to Memory Alpha, a starting point for new archivists
- Policies and guidelines for contributors, all of Memory Alpha's policies and procedures
- Help pages, for help on editing articles and more
- Ten Forward, a discussion forum to ask questions about Memory Alpha not answered in the FAQs or help pages
- Reference Desk, a discussion forum to ask questions about Star Trek
- User projects, for various user-initiated wiki-wide projects
- Contact information, for questions, copyright issues, and bug reports
About wikis in general Edit
For many people, the idea of a wiki might be a frightening and incredible concept. Take a few minutes to read some (or all!) of the links below, and get a better perspective on how a wiki is managed.
- About Wikipedia
- Why Wikipedia is so great
- Why Wikipedia is not so great
- Replies to common objections, a collection of counter arguments for common objections to the Wikipedia and wiki concept
- WhyWikiWorks, a discussion about the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb
- WhyWikiWorksNot, a discussion about the problems with the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb
bg:Memory Alpha:Относно de:Memory Alpha:Über es:Memory Alpha:Acerca de fr:Memory Alpha:A propos it:Memory Alpha:Informazioni sul progetto nl:Memory Alpha:Info pt:Memória Alfa:Sobre ru:О проекте sr:Успомене Алфе:О нама