Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Please read through the policy below to familiarize yourself with our common practices and rules.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
In the day-to-day operations of Memory Alpha, pages get deleted. However, there may be cases where contributors may be concerned that a page was wrongly deleted.
To request that a page be restored,
- List the page title on votes for undeletion, along with the reason why you think it should be restored.
- The listing will remain there for a period of ten days, giving other users the chance to agree with the undeletion nomination, or to disagree with the nomination.
- If the page was deleted through the votes for deletion process (rather than the speedy deletion process), a notice should be posted on the votes for deletion page with a link to votes for undeletion and the page title listing.
- Refer to the Deletion archive for the original deletion discussion, which states the reasons why it was deleted in the first place.
See also: Deletion log, for pages that have been recently deleted.
The following guidelines will govern the results of votes for undeletion:
- If, after five days have passed, at least three people (including the person who posted the proposal) vote to restore a page, and a majority of the votes are in favor of undeletion, then the page may be restored by an administrator.
- If, after ten days have passed, and the proposed undeletion does not gain three supporters and a majority, then the page will remain deleted.
- All votes will be ended after ten days. (This prevents a vote for undeletion from progressing indefinitely.)
If a page was obviously deleted in a manner not according to deletion policy and the deletion guidelines for administrators, then an administrator may undelete the page immediately without waiting for the results of the vote for undeletion. This includes pages that may have been deleted as part of the speedy deletion process. In all cases, the administrator who originally deleted the page should be informed of the undeletion and the reason for it.
In cases where it is not clear whether the deletion took place according to policy or not, it will be assumed that the administrator acted according to the guidelines, and the normal votes for undeletion process will be used.de:Memory Alpha:Wiederherstellungsrichtlinien