Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens|
|Published:||1 March 1997|
Star Trek Phase II: The Lost Series is a reference book which gives a detailed analysis of the development and early days of the abortive spin-off, Star Trek: Phase II, featuring concept art, set photos, and two complete scripts from the series, "In Thy Image" and "The Child".
- From the book jacket
- Dateline – Paramount Pictures announces the formation of its own television network, saying that a new Star Trek® program will be its cornerstone. The year is not 1994, but 1977 and the new Star Trek series titled Star Trek Phase II would have reunited almost all of The Original Series cast members.
- Few people realize how close Star Trek Phase II, a footnote in Star Trek history, came to full-scale production. All of the actors were signed except for Leonard Nimoy, whose Spock character would have been replaced by a young Vulcan named Xon. Sets and props were designed and constructed. New models, including a never seen version of the U.S.S. Enterprise™, were built. A special effects company was hired, and scripts were written.
- However, the plans for the network were canceled, and Paramount decided to shift gears to feature film production, shutting down the television series. The result of this decision was Star Trek: The Motion Picture™.
- STAR TREK PHASE II: THE LOST SERIES is the story of the missing chapter in the Star Trek saga, including full behind-the-series information on the show that almost – but didn't – happen. Full of never-before-seen color artwork, storyboards, blueprints, technical information and photos, this book reveals the vision behind Gene Roddenberry's lost glimpse of the future.
- STAR TREK PHASE II: THE LOST SERIES also gives a close look at the episodes that never were, including two that were later rewritten for Star Trek: The Next Generation®. And for the first time anywhere, STAR TREK PHASE II: THE LOST SERIES presents the never published series guidelines and the full script for the lost pilot of the series In Thy Image, written by producer Harold Livingston.
- This book covers similar ground to the unofficial Trek: The Lost Years, released at the beginning of the decade, but in much greater detail.