If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Compromise on "Schisms" Edit
That was a good compromise on "Schisms". I assume you saw that I had removed the very long quote that was the entire poem Ode to Spot. That was a really good idea of yours to just put a couple of lines, and then a link to the rest. Kudos to you :) --OuroborosCobra talk 04:45, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
I deleted your "Face of the enemy" redirect because:
- We already have a properly capitalised redirect, "Face of the Enemy"; and
- A search for "Face of the enemy" would give you the page as the first hit anyway.
As such a redirect is not necessary. – Cleanse 02:25, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Redirects may be "cheap", but they also should only be potential article titles, not general phrases. Please don't keep recreating them, at least without discussion at Talk:Aldebaran whiskey.--31dot 10:02, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
Please do NOT copy information directly from Wikipedia. Memory Alpha is a CC-BY-NC wiki, which means information from a CC-BY-SA wiki, like Wikipedia, can not be posted here, and vice versa. Information copied from Wikipedia in violation of the copyright will be deleted and removed from the edit history. If the information is non-canon anyways, a simple link to Wikipedia will do. - Archduk3 06:54, November 25, 2011 (UTC)